logo2
GWR 813
Preservation Fund
logo2

GWR 99766
GWR 99766
Open 'A' 4 Plank Open Wagon

Built: 1902
Capacity: 10 Tons

Severn Valley Railway

Built by W.R. Renshaw Stoke-on-Trent
for Brecon & Merthyr Railway 197
Absorbed by GWR 1923 and renumbered 99766
Fitted with standard GWR O.K. axleboxes
Branded "For creosoted sleepers - Return to Birkenhead" 2/1931
Re branded "Return Empty to Marchwiel" (1/1941)
and "Return to Porthywaen" (3/1942)
Withdrawn from service 9/1944 and believed to have been sold to Admiralty as RNAD 233
Purchased from MOD RNAD Gosport

Acquired 1990

Gosport 1990

Photo: Gareth Price